Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More Encaustics & why this post took so long!

Yes, it did take me a long time to post Encaustics, Part 2. Why? Well, several reasons:

1. I enjoy the process of looking for photos to go along with my posts, but I don't like how long it takes to upload them to my computer and then upload them to blogger. (lame excuse, eh?)

2. It's the end of the year, band-o-rama, 6th grade solo night, honors nights, etc. (lame excuse, again, eh?)
3. Okay, by the time I come home and sit down, I am pooped, and just want to veg. (not such a lame excuse, but still...)
Here's my finished work: this is a picture of my grandfather, along with other images Judy Wise supplied in the class - along with a transfer - I love the transfer technique on encaustic medium!
I loved one of the examples that Judy had made, which used a similar image to this tree image, done on tissue. I decided to try something - not sure that I like it, but hey, that's what experimentation is all about!
The boy & girl paintings finished. I like the way they turned out.
Hope you enjoy & have a chance to get out and enjoy some beautiful early summer weather - it has been just beautiful here! I'll post about Band-O-Rama some time soon.

4 comments:

WorkingMommy said...

They turned out great!! And in response to your first reason for not posting...Always remember "Results, not excuses!!!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cindy Swan-Eagan said...

Oh, ouch! Yes, indeedy, I need to live it, eh??? LOL!!!

Blaiz said...

They all look great!

WorkingMommy said...

Don't you hate it when people (aka. students) not only LISTEN but REMEMBER! AHHHHHH!