Sunday, October 11, 2009

Okay, I'm back, I promise

One of my goals this school year, was to post regularly here and at the ASBDA Blog. (For those of you who are my art friends, you probably don't know that I'm the National President of a Band Director's organization this year - we have a blog - I need to post regularly, quite frankly) I haven't so far, mainly because my mind has been totally consumed here with stuff from work. Hopefully I'll be able to write a little about this some day. For now, no. Suffice it to say, however, that I feel very humbled by the feeling of support I have had. Nonetheless, I have found my thoughts totally consumed by this dark fog, and now, ever so slowly, I feel that I am coming out of it. So, I plan on beginning now and posting regularly. What is it that I say to my students constantly???? "START WHERE YOU ARE." You can't go back, you can only go forward, so Start Where You Are.

Today, I start again. Where I am.

It was a horribly wet, rainy day yesterday, and we had Homecoming - which meant a parade (it was sunny for that, albeit cold. COLD.) And then the football game. Started sunny. (and cold. COLD) and got colder, and darker, and colder and darker, until it began to rain. AND THEN TO SNOW.

Not fair.

Today, however, was pretty sunny throughout, and was while cold, bearable. I put on my hoodie sweatshirt & was just fine. It was nice to get a lot of things done. I got to cross a lot off my list today. That always feels good.

And it felt good to start. It felt good to smile. It felt good to feel lightness again.

To all my friends out there - I hope you have a light, sunny, bright, warm day!! I'll have more to say in a few days. Until then - start where you are! (it felt good to take my own advice!)

1 comment:

WorkingMommy said...

Hang in there hun! Though I am not sure the details pertaining to what you are dealing with I DO know, for a fact, that if anyone can break through it is you. Your strength of character is something I have always admired, espeically that level of character which shines through when there is fog. Your husband once said to me that you are an "A+ personality" and I have to agree. Stay true to that inner light and the strenght will follow. This too shall pass.

As for the marching, I am less sympathetic there...lol. At least when it rains you don't have to wear those terrible rubber coats. Ugh! I could never even lift my arms in those things, let alone play anything that sounded like music. Ugh! Makes me shudder just to think of them.