Sunday, May 2, 2010

I am so excited

Well, it's May, State Festivals are over, I've been to a Michigan Music Conference meeting, the ASBDA Convention appears to be pretty well in hand, and now I can focus on the things I like to do. I spent the day yesterday catching up on things I like to do: 1) I did my assignments for my Juliana Coles class - I'm completely caught up. It was fun, I am doing this class about an "Extreme Art Journal" - pics to come. 2) I did some work on the yard. Yup, yard work. Me. Don't like the work, LOVE the result. 3) Got to dream of when I don't have to work on someone else's clock.

Then today, I spent the better part of a day working at a Michigan Music Conference meeting. Love working on coming up with ideas, and implementing those ideas. Don't like a lot of the rest. I guess that's why I want to be in business for myself some time in the future. Maybe sooner rather than later - who knows.

I am so excited, however, with possibilities. I love the possibilities of new ideas. I think that's what I've always loved about being a band conductor - the possibilities of new ideas, new things - new problems to solve.

Perhaps it's time to have new problems to solve. Perhaps. Time will tell.

1 comment:

WorkingMommy said...

Certainly a post to make one think. I think whatever you do, my dear, you will do well. How about this...you start a business, hire me when I move back to MI and we can drive that hot car of yours all over. LOL. Just kidding ;) Seriously, whatever you do, wherever you go...do it with all your heart. When you can no longer do that, it's time to move on. My favorite quote: "To Thine Own Self Be True"