Thursday, July 22, 2010

One Month Later - So Many Stories, So Many Memories

So, I was noticing that my last post was exactly one month ago today. Wow, has time flown. I've done so many wonderful things in the past month, I am very blessed.

Since I last wrote, I have:

Had my students perform in a wonderful parade (I got to march through twice!!)
Ate caramel corn from the caramel corn lady that comes to town only once a year - what a treat!
Driven to Orlando to preside over a marvelous and energizing convention of wonderful educators - again I feel blessed to be part of such a tremendous group of people.
Driven back to Michigan to do laundry and...
Drive to the summer camp I have now worked at for 22 years, and work with some wonderful students and tremendous professionals. We'll put on a concert in a few days, and it's going to be outstanding (if I do say so myself!)

Whew.

And today... I learned how to "cast off" in knitting. This, after of course, learning how to knit just before we went to Orlando. Now, mind you, I don't know purl. No, I know "knit." That's it. Today I expanded my knitting knowledge by 100%, as I now know "casting off." You may ask, but you must have "cast on." Yes, yes, I did. I didn't retain a thing. I am going to "cast on" with my new yummy yarn, and hopefully this time it will stick. I am also going to learn "purl." I have a great teacher - a woman who taught needle arts in a high school for 33 years. She assures me that she can teach "even me...." We'll see, but so far, so good!

See my new scarf - the object of my "casting off" lesson today!



And see my yummy new yarn that will be the next scarf. I am not sure, but what I will only do "knit" on this scarf, as well, as I like the idea of the textured yarn and the nubbie quality of the use of only "knit." Rats - my teacher told me what that is called (there's a name for it), and I have forgotten that. Back to class!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! I love that nubby yarn. You know how to cast off...that's one more step than I know! I should have you give me a lesson. I love textured yarn, it makes it look like you know how to do more than just knit, LOL! Counting the days, can't wait!

WorkingMommy said...

Always the busy bee!!! good for you, still learning new things :D