Sunday, September 4, 2011

Doodles

I had the chance to take a class at Art Unraveled with the wonderful Alisa Burke a couple of years ago.  I was hooked.  I'm a regular on her blog now, and have taken a couple of her online classes.  She's classically, formally trained in art, and it's fun to hear her vast knowledge & then hear her suggest that we spend time doodling!  Well, I've doodled all my life. 

So, here's a combination - a pic of a couple of doodles of sorts (the leaves of the other day became rays of the sun), and how I turned them into something else.  I don't think this is done yet, either, as I think it needs some "more" in the sun itself, or maybe around the outside.  That's the good thing about my sketch book - when I'm ready, I'll just open to that page & add it!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

I really like watching your sketches grow. This looks like a cosmic blending of a sunflower and the sun.