Sunday, March 15, 2009

No pics, just words

I'd love to have posted some pictures today, but I didn't take any pictures of the art I did today - still working on my littel triptych, and so far, so good. It's turning out the way I imagined it, and that's good!
Spent the weekend judging band & orchestra festivals - it's always fun to see the various groups of kids and see what they can do! Anyone wanting to see what's right with 'those kids today' should go to their local school, get a schedule of the band or orchestra's performances & go watch. You'll see kids that just LOVE what they're doing, you'll get a great concert, (probably free) and you'll get to support another facet of the arts.
Well, that's all for now - it was great spring weather today, so I can't imagine that we'll get any more snow days, but you never know, I guess!
Happy week!

1 comment:

WorkingMommy said...

I couldn't agree with you more!! Looking back on my group of friends in High School I know now just how lucky we all were. What a fun group, and we were pretty good kids considering what others were doing. I think a large part of that was the fact that we were able to "bond" through music...So many of us were in band and had that in common that we just kind of connected in other ways. I will always be thankful for that...