Monday, December 28, 2009

Holiday Fun


We have had lots of fun so far this Holiday season. I made a painting for my mother in law, and I am very proud of it. It's on a 8 x 10 canvas, and has collage, and acrylics and charcoal, and layers and layers and layers. I made a couple of 4 x 5 at the same time, working first on one and then on the other.





Sometimes I just LOVE the patterns on my work table - this one's been "gaining character" for quite some time - read that as "she hasn't changed the paper for a LONG time..."
These are a pair of the earrings that I made for the craft show. I actually made these following the craft show, put them in my "earring box" and they sold almost immediately. I had several people who wanted to look through "the box" and bought pairs for gifts (and a few for themselves, I believe!). I'm going to make more of these, as I had some requests for the same design - I got the materials in just before Christmas break, so I will be working on several more pairs like this, and a few other designs that I like, pretty soon now. It's rather fun coming up with new designs that I like, and hopefully that others will like, as well.
Well, enough from holiday land - hope all is well at your house!

2 comments:

Art After Midnight said...

Your paintings are marvelous! I'll bet your mother inlaw loved it. Have fun on your break.

WorkingMommy said...

you are so talented!!