Thursday, October 14, 2010

Getting to #101

So, it's been almost two months since I posted.  Perhaps I'll just be a "sometimes" blogger for a while longer.  I'm sure you, gentle readers, will understand.  Those duties associated with a full time job call me often. 

But... I have news, and will soon have pictures.  Our town has a non-profit art group - the Manistee Art Institute.  They have a yearly juried art show, which is a fund-raiser for the organization, and a way to bring local artists in & local art lovers in.  The show is held in a 100+ year old beautiful hall, which is just made for an art exhibit. 

I saw the "call for exhibitors," for this year's show about a week and a half ago, and the submission dates were last Friday & Saturday.  This is a juried show, and while there is an entry fee, the fee is nominal - but it was clear, not everyone's submissions would be taken - in fact, there are specific times listed for the non-selected pieces to be picked up. 

Yes, I went ahead and selected two of my pieces (one made at Art Unraveled, one made at home), and took them & submitted them last Friday.  I awaited my mail to see if, just maybe, something might be selected by the juror, a professional artist, for the show.

When the form came back, earlier this week, yes, BOTH had been accepted.  **Grins** I will be going tomorrow night to the "meet the Artists" reception for the show opening, where I will be one of "the artists!"  I'm very excited, and while a small step, I can't tell you how exciting this is to me.  

The show runs this weekend and next, and I'll take pictures and post them.  I'll be going tomorrow night for the "Meet the Artists" and then back again on Saturday to take Mike - he can't go with me tomorrow, as he has a home football game (the life of a band director - I'm just glad I do NOT have a home football game tomorrow night!) and will need to see me pieces hanging in the show.  Or more like, I'll have to show him my pieces hanging in the show!!!

That's my news!  

1 comment:

Art After Midnight said...

Oh Cindy, I'm so happy for you! not surprised one bit, you're a very talented lady! can't wait for that post!