Sunday, February 1, 2009

Beautiful Sunny Sunday

It's a beautiful sunny Sunday here in northern Michigan. (If you live where it's sunny year-round, you don't understand what that means -- because of the big lakes all around Michigan, the winter time is often grey, grey, grey and cloudy each and every day. When you hear about "Seasonal Affective Disorder," think northern Michigan in the winter. I have several friends who need to use a light in the winter because not only are our days very short, they are cloudy and GREY.) So... what to do? Here are some of my thoughts:
1. Take a walk. (think I may do that, as it's also semi-warm -- 38 degrees!! I know, Blaiz & Kim, that's NOT warm, is it? It's all about perspective! Laura's reading that and thinking 'heat wave!')
2. Go make some art - tempting, but I'll wait til later, because my art studio is in the basement next door -- don't want to waste the sun.
3. Go downtown and go shopping - capital idea, as the merchants downtown are hurting a little right now, and there are several things I actually think I need....
4. Put away the holiday decorations (Mike is doing that, but I had to admit we still have them up....)
5. Take a nap. (Another quite tempting idea as yesterday was High School Solo & Ensemble Festival. Translation: It was a Saturday, I rode a school bus at 7:00 a.m. with a bunch of teenagers, and then was inside a school building all day on my day off, and on my feet the entire time.......)
6. Write a post for my blog. (Yipee - I get to cross this one off my list, because I'm doing it!)
7. Read some other blogs (Check - did that before I did this)
8. Do the laundry. (Sadly, this may win - I think we can all relate to this, but after two weekends of 'work related' activities, the 'home related' activities have taken a direct hit. Alas...)

Well, I'll start with the laundry, but gotta tell you, a walk and a little shopping may win out!! I'll let you know!

1 comment:

WorkingMommy said...

38 IS a heat wave in my world now! Have a mentioned that it was not my idea to move to Minnesota??

Laundry vs. shopping...hmmm...