Saturday, August 27, 2011

still recalling Art Unraveled

 I'm still fondly recalling the fun so many of us had while at Art Unraveled this year.  Here's a book I made in a wonderful class taught by the talented Stephanie Lee.  The covers are a combination of old book covers, plaster cloth, paint and imagination.  The binding is a wonderful binding technique that allows the book to lay flat.  I chose to cover the binding area with some vintage crochet & some old buttons.  The pages are fabric, stiffened through her "magic process" to become much more like paper book pages, and able to accept writing. 

I think my book came out looking very much like it should contain a mystery story, or a tale of Halloween. 


Have a great rest of your weekend - whatever you choose to do! 

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

It looks like a wonderful book. Are you sure you can bring yourself to write on those very cool pages? I want to hear more about her magic technique to make them writable.