Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Colors

Last weekend, the colors in the trees here in northern Michigan were spectacular. What a beautiful show! It was warm enough that we went for a drive in the convertible with the top down & just soaked in the color of the trees & the beauty around us.
That, plus a conversation with friend Kendra, got me thinking about a book I'd made a while ago. (Okay, several years ago.) At that time, I had wanted to try my hand at working with wire mesh, and I had just taken a papermaking class, where we embedded a leaf in one of the sheets we had made. I thought mine had come out quite nicely, so wanted to use it in the book. The book cover that I had chosen to use was in a deep red color, and with the copper color of the wire mesh, the book became a fall type book. Seems like I forget about it until each fall rolls around. I thought I'd share it with you, and also so Kendra can take a look at the page with the leaf.










Today is Parent/Teacher conferences -- on a Friday afternoon and evening. I'm not expecting a great turnout, but I'll take things to do, so that if I'm sitting alone, I can read something inspiring. I think I'm taking Kelly Rae Robert's latest book with me -- it looks really, really yummy!!
Happy weekend to all!




1 comment:

Blaiz said...

The book is beautiful!