Sunday, October 5, 2008

The harvest continues


Although I think that harvesting the ornamental corn really signals the end of the season, look at the wonderful ornamental corn that Mike grew! Husking each piece was an adventure, as, like Forrest Gump said "you never know what you're going to get!" Aren't they beautiful?

I keep working on the studio (no, not the closets. What fun are they?) and made a lot of progress -- Mike helped me put together the desk part of my new desk & hutch. The desk & hutch are specificially for crafting, and have 1 inch and 2 inch deep drawers. I could also choose 12 x 12 paper racks, but since stamps, paint tubes, and doo dads dominate in my world, I like the drawers. I'll take a picture once it's done & all the stamps neatly tucked away.

I'm also excited about it, because it has two open spots where I plan on storing my journals & other pieces that I've done that inspire me. It's so much fun to look through my art & see what I've done -- it pushes me to do more! Anyone else feel that way?

Well, today I think I'll try to finish the desk, plus a piece that I've been working on for several weeks. In addition, I have some more Polaroid transfers to finish up.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: