Saturday, October 4, 2008

I stand corrected

It is now the Saturday morning following the Homecoming Parade & Football game in my fair small town. And, I will eat a small amount of humble pie for breakfast, although I don't mind at all. Yesterday, while being bone chillingly cold, was a bright sunshiny day!!! No Rain -- NO RAIN -- on Homecoming Day!!!

Oh Happy Day!


The girl's looked pretty, the boys handsome, and the band -- DRY!!!!


It's the simple things, now, isn't it?

I got an order today from knotsewshabby at etsy.com. If you have never shopped at etsy, I would urge you to do so -- it's a wonderful place to find handmade goods from loads of neat people. I could go on and on about etsy, but 'nuff said -- go there, look around, buy stuff!!


The item I received is going to be a gift for a crafty little girl of 4 -- it will be great for her to take her crayons (I'll put some brand new ones in here before I send it to her -- aren't brand new crayons just about the best? Do you remember the smell when you'd first open the box??) to church and keep busy, or just about any place she's going. Busy girls need a pad of paper to write down their 'notes' so I thought that this would be a good thing!!!


Well, it's a completely 'band-free-weekend' around our house -- neither of us have any work related things going on, so I suspect many things to show you all come Sunday night. I'll be locked away in my studio for at least a goood portion of this weekend.

About those closets a couple of weeks back - um - remember how I got sick that weekend? Well, the closets are still a fright. I was thinking maybe I'd start to tackle one this weekend. Um - well - yeah, right!! I'm going to go MAKE ART!! Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I STILL buy myself new crayons!!