Saturday, October 11, 2008

new art

I've been working on Polaroid transfers and emulsion lifts over the last few days in my spare (LOL) time. It really is a great medium to work in, and I'm saddened to think that Polaroid is stopping production on it's instant film. Just means I'm going to go into hoarde mode.




So, recently I went looking for an old electric frying pan to use in working with Polaroids. No such luck at the local thrift shops. But I did find an old fondue pot for $3.00. It was a silverstone lined one, and the lining was looking rather scratched up, so I thought, "what better use for this fondue pot than to make beautiful art, now that it wouldn't probably be good for fondue." Home it went with me, and now look at what I have been doing! These are so much fun. I remember when I took the classes on Polaroid lifts and image transfers from Terry Berg (great teacher, by the way!) she said "you'll get hooked -- these are addicting!" Oh, she was correct! Here's a sample of what I've done recently.






I've also framed some others that I had done -- posted about them earlier. See what they look like! I'm happy with how they look in their frames.




I'm also pleased to present the picture of my new desk/hutch. You can see where I'm currently showing off my Polaroids -- right on top! I think this will prove to be very handy, and it's in a great location in the studio. I've already been using it a lot, and enjoying every minute!



It's a bright sunny fall day in northern Michigan. The temps are warmer than usual, and everyone's out doing things in their yards or strolling downtown. And smiling. There's lots of smiling -- a sunny, warm fall Saturday. It's the best! I hope it's great where you are! Get out and enjoy -- and smile!
Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Blaiz said...

Oh, I loved doing Polaroid transfer and emulsions! A few years ago I sold all my stuff, including a slide printer. Do you use a slide printer or a camera for your images?

Cindy Swan-Eagan said...

Blaiz - I use the Daylab system. I think that's what you'd call a slide printer, although I use photos & clip art. I do love doing these, and am saddened that Polaroid is discontinuing to make instant film. Shame on them, after they said they'd keep making it!
Cindy