Sunday, July 12, 2009

My new *pink* binding machine

Isn't it pretty?

Yes, I have the *blue* binding machine. And yes, the coil binder, too. What's a girl to do? I mean, it's PINK!!!! (Reminder to anyone who knows me that I bought my *pink* camera case a full year before I had a camera that would fit it. It was so darned cute & I knew my old digital camera would give out soon....)

Okay, really, it's not for the color (not completely, anyway), it's because I've got this box of cool vintage Reader's Digest Condensed books - the ones with the cool patterned covers -- that someone was throwing out and I protested - "Give them to ME!" and they did.

Well, turns out the old blue binder's opening was too small to fit the book covers, so I would have had to have used my screw punch to punch holes, which would then only fit the coil binder. Not a biggie, but I wanted to use the O-Wires of the Zutter. (insert whine here)

So.... I finally got on ebay and found one at a price I would pay. Now, it's here, along with the bag and tool kit (yes, I got all three) and now I'm going to start playing. I'm figuring on taking it to camp & binding several of a new style journal that I'm going to start making. Plus, I have a BUNCH of journals whose signatures & covers are all ready to be bound together (finally) just waiting for me to haul them down to camp. (Yup, could have done this here, and wouldn't be dragging them an hour down the road to do a simple binding job one each one of them. But, hey, why not drag more STUFF with me, eh?)

As for the brick courtyard, as Mike puts it, One Thousand, Six Hundred, Sixty Two Bricks and counting. Yup, once again, out of hand. But.... I think it's going to make for some magnificent gatherings! Anyone in?

2 comments:

Mary lin Huskamp said...

Looks like fun! I have always wished for a binding machine. You will have a blast!

Cindy, please send me an email. I need to send an email to INchie swappers and can't seem to find yours. Thanks Marylin
marylinsnouvelle@yahoo.com

WorkingMommy said...

I would love to have iced tea with you out in your courtyard the next time I am in MI :D As for your purchase...one of the journals you are going to finish wouldn't happen to be mine would it? LOL :D