Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th in Small Town America

It's been a wonderful National Forest Festival here in Manistee - lots going on, like the 4th of July Parade, the fireworks, the carnival, the food vendors, lots of music, and today it's the Arts & Crafts Show, the Onekama Art Snake (artists around the Onekama area open their studios- our friends, the Duvalls have their studio open, along with several others who we know & some who we don't!), the Plein Air Exhibit at the Ramsdell Theatre's Exhibit Hall (it's a Victorian Era Opera House with attached ballrooms, where the exhibits are held), the WWII Bomber on exhibit at the airport, the car show & cruise night last night, oh I could go on and on. Community festivals like this are one of the very, very best reasons to live in a small town, and especially a small town in the Midwest (yes, I'm biased!).

So, I took my yellow car to cruise night last night - it was fun. Look at me with my cruise car!

I've also put in a couple of pictures of the bands in the parade - since this is what I "do," I figured that everyone might like to see me workin' on the holiday!



Today it's off to the Arts & Crafts Show, the Art Snake, and if there's time, the Plein Air exhibit. What fun - I hope your 4th of July holiday has been wonderful, where ever you are!

1 comment:

WorkingMommy said...

Oh how I missed that this year!! Minnesota has fireworks here and there, but no large down home festivals like in Manistee. I was so downhearted the evening of the 4th because I knew I was missing something special...On another note... Man do I love that car!!