Monday, January 3, 2011

Art-O-Mat visit

While we were in Chicago over Thanksgiving, Mike took me to the Art-O-Mat in the Chicago Cultural Center.  It was the old downtown library, and it's a neat building - I can't wait to visit there again and go through the building more thoroughly.



And yes, you read that correctly, Mike took me to the Art-O-Mat.  He had seen it first.  Yup.  He stumbled across it about 2 years ago, while exploring the building, and was describing it to me.  I shouted - "You found an Art-O-Mat????  REALLY???"  Of course, he told me this when we were at home, with no chance to get there.  Last couple of visits to Chicago, I forgot to have him show me where it was located, or he was busy with meetings.  This time - we headed over there!  It was fiendishly cold that day, so I'm bundled to the hilt, but found it, and even bought two pieces.  WHAT FUN!!  My purchases turned out to be a charm and a wood block modern piece.  I love them both, and can't wait to put the charm on a bracelet or necklace.  I have the block sitting on my art desk in the studio. 

1 comment:

Took said...

Thanks for sharing this -- it is always GREAT to see what folks get from an Art-o-mat machine!