Sunday, January 16, 2011

Following

Okay, so I'm following 88 blogs.  88.  Eighty-eight.

That means that I have this desire to see what 88 other people around the world are doing at any given moment.  And, it's not more blogs, only because I haven't met these other people who will be my 89th, 90th, and 91st to follow. 

Huh.  I find that ironic.  But I also think it's amazing - I can tell you what I'm up to today, include a photo if I want.  You can read at your leisure.  Comment if you wish, or not.  We all get a peek into each other's worlds, and get to "connect" if only as if looking through a window, but still connect.  What a world!

We (patient husband & I) judged at a solo & ensemble festival in a Detroit suburb yesterday.  The students were wonderful and playing some great literature.  It's always fun to listen to young talent.  One of the teachers of several of the students came in to introduce herself to me during a break.  She looked SO familiar.  She finally stopped and said, "have you been judging here for a while?"  I smiled.  "By a while, do you mean a L O N G time? (said with a twinkle)"  Turns out I had been her judge when she was in school.  She's just received her Master's Degree in Performance from U of M.  I was happy to be able to judge her students now - what a happy moment.  Well, after I stopped feeling old...

Still can't get over that I'm following 88 blogs.  Well, on to find #89!  Happy Sunday.

No comments: