Sunday, January 2, 2011

Holiday pictures


The holidays around our house were hectic - how about yours?  Like I said in a previous post, we had lots of family here for several days.  It was fun to get to play in the snow, as they are from the Atlanta, Georgia area, and so skiing, sledding, snowman making, snow angels, and even an occasional snowball fight were all in the works.  Lots of tromping in boots and mittens, and it was all good.





We had our wonderful retro-hip aluminum Christmas tree up, and it included a display of 50's and 60's era stuff, all gathered from around our house.  Yes, a little like a history lesson...  It was fun!



There was even the obligatory "dress the cat up in the Santa suit" - she took the indignity well. 





And of course, cat naps throughout the vacation. 

2 comments:

Art After Midnight said...

Love the retro toys, I got a Chatty Cathy (Hallmark) ornament for Christmas from my mom-exactly like the one I found under my tree from Santa, when I was 8 or 9 or so. She even talks, awesome!

Cindy Swan-Eagan said...

Ooh, what a cool gift - I had a Chatty Cathy doll, as well. Loved her. She was my fav! Hope you're well.