Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall colds, Polaroid transfers, and Friday night football!



This past week was a bright, sunshiny week here, with lots of opportunity for a high school marching band to go outside during class & get lots of good work done. Just in time for me to have my annual fall cold. So... all week, when I would take the kids outside, and I was barking (literally) directions over the loudspeaker system, I didn't really have a chance to enjoy the beautiful weather we were having. (sniff, sniff, feeling icky) But... we got a lot of good practice in, and the kids looked (and sounded) great on Friday night. Next week, homecoming. (Which in our case translates to "it will rain on Friday night.") I can't count the number of times we've been standing in the rain at homecoming. And it's hard to get really excited about the girls in their beautiful dresses & hairdos and the boys in their tuxedos when you're trying to play "Endless Love" over and over again in the rain. Sigh. Now, I just hope I'm fully over my cold before the rains set in. (And guess what the Weather Channel predicts for this week..... I could have told you back in July what the weather was going to do this week -- it's homecoming!!!)
I'm feeling better this weekend, and wanted to get after a project I had intended for last weekend when I ended up feeling like a cold was coming on (I was right!) -- Polaroid transfers. Got the bug again while I was in Arizona, and the bug has kept after me. I asked my co-worker to bring in some pictures of flowers she had done, so that I could try to do some image transfers. I am very pleased, and now want to find a used coffee pot at Goodwill or a garage sale and use the Polaroid picture portions to make emulsion transfers -- there are some great possibilities for those! I think Jalyn's photos look great done as image transfers, and I think they will look good with a little stretching and pulling that usually happens with the emulsion transfers. Hope you enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderfully rounded person, more so than I think any of your "Kiddies" ever knew. I was blessed to have had you as a teacher before, and to get to know you as a friend today.