Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Art Unraveled 2009

I'm headed off to Art Unraveled in August. This will be year #4 for me, and I can't imagine not doing this -- I like the fact that first I go to Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp and am the instructor, and then get to go to Phoenix and be the student!! How fun is that!?!? So... what am I going to take, and who are the instructors? Here's my line up:
"Paper on Cloth Collage" by Jane LaFazio
"Watercolor Transfer Painting" by Carla Sonheim
"Wood Collage Vignettes" by Karen Michel
"Encrustation" by Barbara Matthiessen
"The Ultimate Passion Book" by Leighanna Light
"Enameled Copper Bracelet" by Richard Salley
"Glorious Papers" by Jacqueline Sullivan
"Tales from the Land of Odd" by Katie Kendrick
"Little Book of Faux Monoprints" by Kelly Kilmer
"Trashy Clutch" by Alisa Burke

This line up of classes and instructors is so exciting. I've read the articles that these people have written, oogled at the art that they've made. And now I get to pick their brains and watch them work! Yipee!

And this weekend, I get to go spend the weekend with Judy Wise and learn encaustic techniques with her. All that, and I get to spend the days at Valley Ridge Art Studio - a very inspiring location run by very dedicated people. I'm so excited to go there! I'll show you what I make when I get back, and maybe I'll even be able to post during the time I'm there!

3 comments:

WorkingMommy said...

sounds like a blast!!!!

Blaiz said...

Wow, that's a full schedule! I like the diversity of your selections, too.

Seth said...

Fantastic set of classes and instructors. And I bet you had an amazing time with Judy too. Thanks also for your comment on my blog!