Wednesday, April 15, 2009

new journal

The weekend was wonderful. I spent almost all day on Sunday painting & puttering. That was so much fun! I ended up finishing one of the journals I started, and I'm intending to use it to write the instructions/notes/thoughts during my class with Judy Wise at Valley Ridge Art Studio in a couple of weeks.



I like the way it turned out, and I like the pages. I used Rives BFK print making paper, so the pages are more pliable than the usual 140 pound water color paper. Plus, I made methylcellulose & mixed with the acrylic paints, so the feel of the paper is quite soft, even after being painted. Jill Beery gave us that technique in a class that I attended at Art Unraveled, and I had wanted to use it for some time -- what a great technique & wonderful outcome -- this way, you can write on the paper with any pen/marker. I look forward to using it! Now, I'll work on making some more jounals. I have the covers done, and many of the pages painted, cut - but have to put them together.

This weekend - middle school solo & ensemble. Next weekend - state band & orchestra evaluations. I'm hosting both weekends. Whew. Lots to do to get ready, and I'm sadly getting a little spring fever and "end of the year" let down. Alas. maybe I'll get some studio time soon.

1 comment:

WorkingMommy said...

Ok, I still need a journal!! :D