Saturday, September 20, 2008

ATC's

ATC's are so much fun, I don't know why I don't do more. Well, I want to post some here that I did quite a while ago (I'm ashamed to say how long - Kim, you'll recognize these!) because I like them quite a bit, and am hoping that I am inspired to do more.







Funny thing happened recently in regards to ATC's - the mother of one of my seniors (12th grader) is the middle school art teacher. Our classrooms are about 25 yards apart, and we are both at the middle school at about the same time each afternoon. She asked me about attending Art Unraveled this year - she said she had heard that I had attended 'an art retreat in August' and wondered about it. I shared some information about classes I had taken. She wanted to see my work. I brought one thing in, she said "I want to see more." I brought in something else, and then described the Katie Kendrick class I was taking last weekend. She asked to see it when I came back -- so I brought it in. We've talked a lot about art since then - seems she is really into collage right now. And then, she asked if I'd ever heard of Artists Trading Cards? Insert hearty laugh here.... I asked if she wanted to see some of mine? Well, of course, you know the answer -- she thought it would be cool for the kids to see mine, and to know that I did art. She wants to do ATC's with her middle school kids. Ta Dah!



Well, that got me thinking ATC's, and so I dug these out, and took pictures of them -- here's some of my fav's!



Now it's off to clean out my closet. Fun, hey?

2 comments:

Art After Midnight said...

Small world, that's cool!

Blaiz said...

Your ATCs are great -- very bold images!