Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Valley Ridge class with Katie Kendrick

What can I say? The class at Valley Ridge was SOOOO wonderful, I almost forgot how hard it was to get there. On Friday, I got home to a phone message from the local airport telling me that my flight on Saturday morning had been cancelled, and they had rebooked me to go out on the 2:30 p.m. flight. (Not going to work at all!) So, after I got home from the football game that evening, where my high school band performed, I got online & found a ticket leaving from Grand Rapids at 7:00 a.m. Now, mind you, Grand Rapids is a 2 hour drive from my house, and I booked the ticket at 11:00 p.m. So, I quick grabbed about 3 hours of sleep, jumped in the car, and Mike (husband of the year) drove me down to catch my flight.

Thus, I made my class!! Kathy, owner of Valley Ridge, had offered to take me through the class when I got there, if all I could do was catch the 2:30 flight -- but I'm so glad I got to spend the day with the other gals in the class, and with Katie Kendrick, teacher extraordinaire! Lunch was superb, staying in the guest house at Valley Ridge was so much fun (I was all by myself in the lovely house!!)

The class went on again on Sunday, and although I had to leave early in order to catch my flight back home, I got to almost finish the main structure of my cardboard visual journal. I'll post pictures here later tonight of the journal and of beautiful Valley Ridge. Thanks, Kathy & Bill, Katie, and all the people in the class! It was a wonderful time -- I can't wait to go back!

No comments: