Thursday, September 18, 2008

More from Valley Ridge



Valley Ridge Art Studio is a wonderful place -- this was my second visit, and surely will not be my last. I had the Cardboard Visual Journal class with Katie Kendrick -- what a fun class!





I flew into Milwaukee, rented a car, and drove the 2 1/2 hours to Valley Ridge -- they always put out great signs to remind you of the way to get there -- the countryside is just beautiful with rolling hills -- on Saturday, you could see the mist rising from the hills off into the distance - it was just natural that so many of us in the class chose greens & goldens as our colors for the journals we were making -- it was just a beautiful sight!




Katie is a wonderful teacher - gives each student some time, making you feel special, but also letting you 'do your own thing' when you want to. She has a gentle spirit, which makes the art making just that much more fun -- that's us together, and me with my book! Take a look inside:



I enjoyed playing with the cardboard -- something I'd never thought of to do before. I also enjoyed all the wonderful techniques we learned to paint our pages. Although I am far from done with my book, I am pleased with it so far -- I look forward to adding more to each page, and recalling the fun weekend spent with new friends at a great retreat!

2 comments:

Blaiz said...

Beautiful book!

Cindy Swan-Eagan said...

Thank you so much, Blaiz! I hope you had fun at your workshops!
Cindy